Hey y’all! So I’m totally embarrassed that it’s been so long since the last time I posted. Things have been so hectic lately, by the time I even think about uploading a new blog post my brain hurts a little. No excuses, but that’s my legitimate excuse. To make it up to you guys, I’ve decided I’m going to announce the details of my 2nd giveaway by the end of this month so please stay tuned!!
I’m hoping I’m not the only one in the world who constantly brain farts when it comes to deciding what to make for dinner (and when I say constantly I really mean every. single. damn. night). I love to cook but sometimes I feel like I’m always making the same thing over and over again. Which is the case even tonight, when I decided to whip up some breakfast burritos. Even though I do make these often, we never seem to get tired of them. These are my oldest’s absolute FAVORITE (we will have to keep it a secret that I made these when she’s with her dad. She gets so butthurt if she finds out I made something she likes when she’s not home, lol). I serve these burritos with a creamy chipotle sauce nestled nicely inside to add just the perfect amount of heat (hubby’s fav). What are you making for dinner tonight? If you haven’t made up your mind yet, give these a whirl. I promise you won’t be disappointed! (Apologies in advanced for the low-quality pictures. I was in a rush because my two youngest swear they’ll die of starvation if they’re not fed right away.)
Cut up the bacon is small pieces (I like to use scissors) and fry until nice and crispy.
Set aside the bacon and add cubed potatoes into the bacon grease. Season with salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder and fry until golden brown and crispy on all sides.
While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the chipotle sauce by combining sour cream, mayo, chipotle peppers, and oregano in a blender. Blend on medium until mixed well with no clumps and chunks.
Remove the potatoes and add butter into the pan. Pour whisked eggs in the buttered pan and cook until fluffy.
Once the eggs are cooked through, add the bacon, potatoes, and shredded cheese. Mix until combined thoroughly.
Heat flour tortillas up and then add some of the brinner mixture, followed by a nice drizzle of the chipotle sauce.
Wrap ’em up and enjoy!! My daughter can eat 3-4 of these, no joke. Sometimes I like to double this recipe and use XL flour tortillas to make Chipotle-sized brinner burritos. No shame in my fat game 😉 If you try this recipe, please share pictures and your critique! I would love to know how they turn out! Don’t forget to keep checking back for details on my second giveaway. You could be the winner!
Brinner(breakfast for dinner) Burritos
For the chipotle sauce-
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4-1/2 can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (depending on how much heat you like)
- Using a blender, all of the ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
For the burritos-
- 5-6 potatoes, cubed
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Four tortillas (about 10)
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry until crispy; set aside on a plate lined with a paper towel. Add the diced potatoes to the same pan and season with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Fry in the bacon grease until golden brown an crispy on all sides. (While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the chipotle sauce.) Once the potatoes are done, set them aside and add butter to the pan. Pour the whisked eggs in and cook until scrambled and fluffy. Add the potatoes, bacon, and cheese to the eggs and mix thoroughly. Heat the flour tortillas over open fire on the stove, flipping them constantly to avoid burning. Put about 1 cup of the potato mixture onto the tortilla and as much of the chipotle sauce you’d like on top. Fold, roll, and enjoy nice and hot!